16-Port Cat 5 KVM over IP Switch
The KH1516Ai features Cat 5e/6 cable to link to CPU modules attached to the servers, this arrangement has several advantages over standard KVM cabling:
- The use of CAT5e/6 cables permit distances between server and KVM up to 160 ft with our new 7000 series modules.
- CAT5e/6 cables are considerably lighter and easier to manipulate than traditional KVM cables
- The KVM works with any combination of PS/2, USB, Sun, and serial devices by merely connecting the applicable module.
In addition to TCP/IP connectivity, the KH1516Ai provides KVM ports for a locally attached USB and / or PS/2 console and a Mini-USB port for a VNC Laptop console – allowing access and control from the data center, over the Net, or from a laptop’s USB connection. This is a single bus unit, so although up to 32 users may be logged in simultaneously only one operator has control.
A special Message Board feature – similar to an internet chat program – lets all logged in users exchange information and communicate with each other to manage the installation cooperatively.
Other features that contribute to the switch’s versatility include:
- Panel Array Mode- which allows real-time monitoring of up to 16 servers simultaneously in a grid arrangement.
- Mouse DynaSync™ ensures remote and local mouse pointer alignment
- Adapter ID, the adapter holds the computer name assigned to the server and all user account information so there is no need to re-identify moved servers and their users permissions.
- VNC Port this mini-USB port allows a laptop to be connected via VNC for local access and control
- 1x KH1516Ai KVM over IP Switch
- 1x Power Cord
- 1x Firmware Upgrade Cable
- 1x Rack Mount Kit
- 1x Foot Pad(4pcs)
- 1x User Manual
- 1x Quick Start Guide