ATEN Makes Networked A/V Easy with Launch of 4K Video over IP Extender
Effective, easy-to-use, and economical digital signage solution
Irvine, CA (Nov 30, 2017) – ATEN, the leading provider of IT connectivity and total management solutions, today introduced its first professional A/V over IP solution, the VE8900/VE8950 Video over IP Extender. The ATEN VE8950 delivers visually lossless 4K @ 30Hz (4:4:4) AV signals with low latency over long distances via a standard Gigabit network, while the VE8900 supports resolutions up to 1080p. Representing ATEN’s first foray into the A/V over IP market, the VE8900/VE8950 also supports video walls function with simple layout control, which provides an effective, easy-to-use, and economical solution to meet today’s large scale, multi-display, 1080p/4K digital signage requirements, such as limitless scalability and flexibility, no complicated IP setup, no additional servers or software required and enable daisy chaining. The VE8900/VE8950 Video over IP Extender is an ideal product for a wide range of environments, such as trade shows, airports, campuses, conference centers, and shopping centers.
The ATEN VE8900/8950 Video over IP Extender provides:
- Limitless Flexibility and Scalability: Extends A/V connections from simple point-to-point to complex multi-point to multi-point setups via LAN cable without distance limitations while offering multi-functionality in extender, splitter, matrix switch and video wall applications. Digital signage installations can also mix-and-match the latest 4K displays and 1080p screens by virtue of the VE8900/VE8950’s built-in scaler, which automatically scales incoming video signals to match the maximum capability of the connected display device.
- No Complicated IP Setup: Specifically designed to be simple to configure, the VE8900/VE8950 features top panel pushbuttons and an ID display, allowing users to effortlessly switch source inputs – no extensive IT experience or extra learning is required.
- Go Further For Less with Daisy Chaining: Connect multiple displays through a single port to utilize every port of the network switch and maximize their value. Easily expandable with no huge network switches and fewer cables needed. Perfect for large-scale deployments covering hundreds of meters, such as airports, university campuses, stations, shopping malls, and exhibition centers.
- Lightweight Compression with Ultra-low Latency: Delivers visually lossless high-quality video up to 1080p @ 60 Hz (VE8900) / 4K @ 30 Hz 4:4:4 (VE8950). Embedded ATEN advanced video visually lossless compression technology ensures stunning video quality, while exclusive EDID ExpertTM selects the optimum EDID settings for smooth power-up, high-quality display and the best video resolution across different screens
- Supports Video Walls with Intuitive Web GUI: To provide the effective and economical solution, the ATEN VE8900/VE8950 embedded with scaler to support various layouts of video walls with horizontal or vertical display orientation. Easily switch between layout profiles, preview output, and drag-and-drop video sources via the intuitive web GUI.
“Digital signage is everywhere in our life and demand for over IP control is rising accordingly to achieve the most efficient management. As a solution provider with vast experience in both the A/V and IT fields, we are excited to introduce the VE8900/VE8950 Video over IP Extender to the A/V over IP market. The VE8900/VE8950 fulfills 1080p/4K high resolution demands while providing intuitive over IP control and will help our partners build up their digital signage portfolio with a solution that makes networked A/V easy,” said Kevin Chen, President of ATEN International.
For more product information, please visit VE8950 product page.
For more product information, please visit VE8900 product page.
Find out more about ATEN Digital Signage Solutions Guide, please click here.
For more ATEN updates follow us on social media! Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter
ATEN Technology, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of ATEN International Co., Ltd. (TWSE: 6277), established in 1979, is the leading provider of IT connectivity and management solutions. Offering integrated KVM, Professional Audiovisual, and Intelligent Power solutions, ATEN products connect, manage, and optimize electronics in corporate, government, industrial, educational, and retail environments. ATEN has 500+ issued international patents and a global R&D team that produces a constant stream of innovative solutions, resulting in a comprehensive portfolio of products available worldwide.
Headquartered in Taiwan, ATEN International Co., Ltd. has grown to include subsidiaries and regional offices in China, Japan, Korea, Belgium, Australia, the U.S., the U.K., Russia, Turkey and India – with R&D centers in Taiwan, China, and Canada.
For more information about ATEN, please visit www.aten.com/us/en/.
MRB Public Relations for ATEN
+1 732.758.1100 x. 105