ATEN 4K HDMI over IP Extender Wins NewBay Media’s Product Innovation Award
Irvine, CA (Dec 20, 2017) – ATEN, the leading provider of IT connectivity and total management solutions, announced today that its VE8950 4K HDMI over IP Extender was honored a Product Innovation Award 2017 from Government Video and NewBay Media.
Now celebrating its fifth anniversary, NewBay’s Product Innovation Award recognizes excellence in manufacturing of products to serve the TV/pro video and radio/online audio industries. Winners are selected by a panel of professional users and evaluation criteria include innovation of concept and design, creative use of technology, price value, and suitability for use in a broadcast TV/pro video or broadcast/online radio environment.
The ATEN VE8950 delivers visually lossless 4K @ 30Hz (4:4:4) AV signals with low latency over long distances via a standard Gigabit network, while the VE8900 supports resolutions up to 1080p. Representing ATEN’s first foray into the A/V over IP market, the VE8950 also supports video walls function with simple layout control, which provides an effective, easy-to-use, and economical solution to meet today’s large scale, multi-display, 1080p/4K digital signage requirements, such as limitless scalability and flexibility, no complicated IP setup, no additional servers or software required and enable daisy chaining. The VE8950 Video over IP Extender is an ideal product for a wide range of environments, such as trade shows, airports, campuses, conference centers, and shopping centers.
The ATEN VE8950 Video over IP Extender provides:
- Limitless Flexibility and Scalability: Extends A/V connections from simple point-to-point to complex multi-point to multi-point setups via LAN cable without distance limitations while offering multi-functionality in extender, splitter, matrix switch and video wall applications. Digital signage installations can also mix-and-match the latest 4K displays and 1080p screens by virtue of the VE8950’s built-in scaler, which automatically scales incoming video signals to match the maximum capability of the connected display device.
- No Complicated IP Setup: Specifically designed to be simple to configure, the VE8950 features top panel pushbuttons and an ID display, allowing users to effortlessly switch source inputs – no extensive IT experience or extra learning is required.
- Go Further For Less with Daisy Chaining: Connect multiple displays through a single port to utilize every port of the network switch and maximize their value. Easily expandable with no huge network switches and fewer cables needed. Perfect for large-scale deployments covering hundreds of meters, such as airports, university campuses, stations, shopping malls, and exhibition centers.
- Lightweight Compression with Ultra-low Latency: Delivers visually lossless high-quality video up to 4K @ 30 Hz 4:4:4 (VE8950). Embedded ATEN advanced video visually lossless compression technology ensures stunning video quality, while exclusive EDID ExpertTM selects the optimum EDID settings for smooth power-up, high-quality display and the best video resolution across different screens.
- Supports Video Walls with Intuitive Web GUI: To provide the effective and economical solution, the ATEN VE8950 embedded with scaler to support various layouts of video walls with horizontal or vertical display orientation. Easily switch between layout profiles, preview output, and drag-and-drop video sources via the intuitive web GUI.
For more product information, please visit VE8950 product page.
Find out more about ATEN Digital Signage Solutions Guide, please click here.
ATEN Technology, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of ATEN International Co., Ltd. (TWSE: 6277), established in 1979, is the leading provider of IT connectivity and management solutions. Offering integrated KVM, Professional Audiovisual, and Intelligent Power solutions, ATEN products connect, manage, and optimize electronics in corporate, government, industrial, educational, and retail environments. ATEN has 500+ issued international patents and a global R&D team that produces a constant stream of innovative solutions, resulting in a comprehensive portfolio of products available worldwide.
Headquartered in Taiwan, ATEN International Co., Ltd. has grown to include subsidiaries and regional offices in China, Japan, Korea, Belgium, Australia, the U.S., the U.K., Russia, Turkey and India – with R&D centers in Taiwan, China, and Canada.
For more information about ATEN, please visit www.aten.com/us/en/.
MRB Public Relations for ATEN
+1 732.758.1100 x. 105