ATEN Offers Exclusive Boundless Technology in New KM Switch
Users Can Simply Move the Mouse from Screen to Screen When Switching Between Computers
IRVINE, CA – August 15, 2018 – , the technology leader and global manufacturer of and connectivity solutions, today announced its Designed to simplify administrative tasks, save space, and increase work productivity in multi-monitor extended desktop environments, the switch is especially suitable for complex multitasking applications across all industries.
Most hardware devices require users to press buttons or use hotkeys to switch from port to port, however, the 4-port USB Boundless KM Switch requires no user intervention to switch USB signals from computer to computer – users simply move the mouse from screen to screen. Users can control up to four computers with a single keyboard and mouse, or daisy-chain two switches, enabling control of up to eight computers from a single console.
“ATEN’s 4-port USB Boundless KM Switch meets the requirement of complex systems calling for direct connected video or non-KVM switched video. Due to the critical nature of their environment, users in public safety, 911 dispatch call centers, and control rooms (utility, command and control, broadcasting, banking/trading, etc.) can benefit from directly connected monitor feeds to each computer and ‘always on’ displays. You’ll never see a black screen,” said Aaron Johnson, product manager at ATEN Technology, Inc.
Boundless Switching Technology
A key feature of the switch is ATEN’s exclusive Boundless Switching technology, which enables users to switch between multiple computers in multi-monitor extended desktops by simply moving the mouse cursor across any of the display borders in any direction to instantly select the target computer and take full control.
The Boundless Switching function supports extended desktops with up to eight monitors when two switches are daisy-chained, speeding up switching between computers for a smooth and hassle-free user experience. In addition to making multitasking across multiple displays more efficient, this function is especially useful in emergencies that necessitate the immediate monitoring and management of computers.
The 4-port USB Boundless KM Switch also provides an intuitive GUI-based configuration utility that allows users to customize their mouse cursor movement paths according to the specific monitor layout at the desktop or workstation. The configuration tool is easy to set up and compatible with Windows operating systems.
• Control up to four computers or daisy-chain two switches to enable control of up to eight computers with a single USB keyboard and mouse.
· Boundless Switching – easily switch keyboard/mouse operations from one computer to the next by simply moving the mouse cursor across the display border and onto the corresponding display of the target computer.
• Boundless Switching Configuration Utility – the intuitive GUI tool enables users to customize monitor layouts.
• Independently switch keyboard/ mouse, USB peripheral, and audio focus via hotkeys.
• Port selection between connected computers via front panel pushbutton, keyboard hotkey, mouse cursor, mouse wheel, and RS-232 commands.
• Supports RS-232 serial commands and Windows operating systems.
• Bus-powered – no external power adapter required (the switch obtains sufficient power supply from at least two connected computers).
• Three-year warranty.
• Space saving – users no longer need to use multiple keyboard and mice on their desk or worry about which device is active.
• No software required – monitor configuration software included.
Pricing and Availability
ATEN’s 4-port USB Boundless KM Switch is available for $576 MSRP (cables included) through ATEN’s channel of distribution and reseller partners:
For more information, product features, and technical specifications, visit: .
About ATEN Technology, Inc.:
is the technology leader and global manufacturer of and connectivity solutions, and the U.S. subsidiary of ATEN International Co., Ltd. (TWSE: 6277), established in 1979. A certified member of the Alliance, holding over 500 industry patents, ATEN offers integrated KVM, Professional Audio (Pro AV), and Intelligent Power solutions, across all industries including , commercial, , industrial, entertainment, , and retail environments.
A technology first company, ATEN’s advanced ability to quickly develop customized solutions in KVM, Pro AV, , , and lines allows the company to build products that connect, manage, and optimize electronics based on customer need. ATEN’s comprehensive portfolio of innovative, reliable products is available worldwide, with local U.S support. For more information, visit: and follow on Twitter.
Products, service names, and company logos mentioned herein may be the registered trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
MRB Public Relations
+1 732.758.1100, x. 105
MRB Public Relations for ATEN
+1 732.758.1100 x. 105