Protecting your privacy is important to ATEN. We strive to keep your personal information confidential. Please take a moment to read the following statement, which will inform you about ATEN’s privacy practices and the ways your personal data is collected online.
To Whom this Privacy Statement Applies
This Privacy Statement applies to all customers who use ATEN International Co., Ltd. owned websites, domain names, services, applications, and products.
How Your Personal Data is Processed
ATEN collects and uses your personal information to ensure superior customer service and to make a wide range of products and services available to you and other customers. The personal data we collect will never be processed in ways incompatible with the purposes stated in the document and only in a fair and lawful manner.
ATEN will use personal data only when :
- You have given your consent to let us use your personal data; and
- The processing is necessary for the performance of a contract, or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract; or
- The processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which ATEN International is subject; or
- The processing is necessary in order to protect your vital interests; or
- The processing is required by law or legal process, or is necessary in the public's interest, or in the exercise of an official authority, or in a third party to whom the data is disclosed; or
- The processing is necessary, except where such interests are overridden by your interests for fundamental rights and freedoms; for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by ATEN International or by the third party or parties to whom the data is disclosed.
All ATEN employees ensure that these principles are observed.
ATEN safeguards the security of your personal data by storing the collected personal data in secure databases. In addition, we urge you to take every precaution to protect your personal data when surfing the internet. When using ATEN's e–services, change your passwords often, use a combination of letters and numbers, and make sure you use a secure browser.
Why Does ATEN Collect Personal Information?
We may collect personal information from you to complete various transactions related to providing better services to you, such as :
- Product or service orders, activations and registrations
- Information requests
- Marketing or support subscriptions
- Contest entries or survey participation
- Job applications
The types of personal information we collect may include:
- Your name, company, email address, phone number, billing address, and shipping address
- Customer type, job function, job title, purchasing authority, purchasing timeframe, and others
- Product and service preferences, contact preferences
- Your ATEN e–services user ID and password (where applicable)
- Credit card information (where applicable)
When ATEN Discloses Personal Information
In addition, ATEN works with third parties that help us provide ATEN products and services to you and other customers. We may provide personal information to these parties but only when necessary, e.g. providing personal information to shipping companies so that they can deliver products to you. The information we provide is for delivery only, and we require that the companies safeguard your information in accordance with the ATEN customer privacy statement.
By providing us with your personal information and by using the ATEN websites and services, you consent to our personal data collecting processes for the purposes mentioned in this privacy statement. You also consent to the transfer of your information to countries or jurisdictions which may not provide the same level of data protection as the one in which it was submitted, but only in accordance with and for the purposes mentioned in this privacy statement.
If you provide us with information about someone other than yourself, you confirm that this person has appointed you to act for him/her and to consent for him/her to the processing of his/her personal data, and that you have informed him/her of our identity as well as the purposes for which his/her personal data will be processed.
If you have not given us permission to communicate with you, you will not be contacted, nor will we use your personal information in any other manner.
Access to Your Personal Information
You always will have access to the information we have about you. To review and update your personal information, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not wish to receive any more promotional information from ATEN, simply email your request to email@example.com.
By using cookies on ATEN websites, we collect anonymous information about you and other visitors. We do this to optimize the efficiency and user–experience of our online communication channels, and to add an online dimension to our market research activities.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies. You can change this preset or delete already installed cookies via your browser settings. Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our website.
A cookie is a piece of information in the form of a very small text file that is placed on an Internet user’s hard drive. It is generated by a web page server, which is basically the computer that operates the website. The information the cookie contains is set by the server and it can be used by the server whenever the user visits the website. A cookie can be thought of as an internet user's identification card which tells a website when the user has returned. (Source: www.aboutcookies.org)
To make sure your personal information remains confidential, we communicate these privacy guidelines to every ATEN employee.
ATEN International Co., Ltd. reserves the right to modify this privacy statement and cookie notification as needed, to comply with changes in laws, regulations, ATEN practices and procedures, or requirements imposed by data protection authorities. Such changes will always be communicated via this webpage.
Last update: January 18, 2016