3-Port USB-C DisplayPort Hybrid KVMP™ Switch
- One USB keyboard, mouse and one DisplayPort monitor control two DisplayPort computers and one USB-C device
- Superior video quality – 4096 x 2160 @ 60Hz and 3840 x 2160 @ 60Hz; 2-port USB 3.1 Gen 1 hub with SuperSpeed 5 Gbps data transfer rates
- Provides USB Power Delivery 3.0 for USB-C device charging up to 45W
- Computer selection via pushbuttons, hotkeys, mouse, and remote port selector
See how pro YouTuber Christina streamlined her workflow with CS1953!
The CS1953, the industry’s first 3-port USB-C DisplayPort Hybrid KVMP™ Switch, carries out ergonomic desktop style with the power of a KVM and the popularity of USB-C connectivity to facilitate professional and commercial workstation applications with better mobility, so as to enhance total desktop productivity. With the DisplayPort monitor set up on your desktop and access to up to two PCs via DisplayPort and a laptop (or other mobile device) via USB-C, you can expect a rich experience with outstanding 4K visual clarity, as well as fast switching between multiple computers and mobile flexibility.
USB-C for Space-Cost Efficiency
The CS1953 boasts the increasingly popular USB-C interface to facilitate a plug-n-play connection to mobile devices (laptops, tablets, smartphones) without going through a docking station, making it a true space and money saver for your desktop workspace.
DisplayPort for Exceptional AV Performance
The CS1953 supports DisplayPort connectivity between up to two computers, a monitor, and a mobile device (over USB-C). It brings 4K superior viewing quality to your desktop, revealing all your visual content, text and numerical digits in outstanding precision.
Plug In, Power On
By enabling the USB-C device power delivery 3.0 standard, your mobile devices start charging upon connection to the CS1953, elevating your desktop productivity with even quicker mobility.
Extended Desktop for Productive Multitasking
Taking advantage of DisplayPort MST (Multi-Stream Transport) support, you can daisy-chain two monitors to form an extended desktop for productive multitasking on a dual-display workspace setup.
Flexible Port Switching, Any Way You Like
Port switching is flexible and you can choose from using the pushbuttons, mouse, hotkeys and remote port selector, whichever works best for you.
Get a quote for this product or get in touch with our sales experts
The CS1953 is perfectly suited to time-critical and data-intensive operations in desktop workspaces:
The CS1953 is ideal for those who need fast multi-computer switching to handle heavy data processing or verify user-interface development over high performance monitors, such as government staff, marketing professionals, sales warriors and engineers. Simply plug-n-charge your mobile devices when returning to your desktop after meetings or visiting with customers.
The CS1953 is good for those who need increased productivity and high precision for multitasking between computers to monitor diverse data and indicators in trading and sales charts, such as financial and market analysts. In addition, these multi-computer setups can serve as a backup to avoid downtime and financial losses caused by potential equipment failure.
The CS1953 allows users such as graphic designers and CAD engineers to switch between two computers and your USB-C mobile devices for design artwork in 4K visual quality. You can simply quick plug-n-charge your mobile devices without installing extra hardware, such as a docking station, while keeping a tidy desktop workspace.
The CS1953 allows medical staff to switch between two computers for different medical work, like imaging or referencing patient records. They can examine patient’s diagnostic scans in 4K precision effortless over the screen, as well as simply quick plug-n-charge mobile devices after making daily patient rounds.
Talk to Our Experts
If you prefer to have ATEN contact you, please complete the form and a representative will be in touch with you shortly
- 1x CS1953 3-Port USB-C DisplayPort Hybrid KVMP™ Switch
- 2x DisplayPort 1.2 Cables
- 2x USB 3.0 Type-A to Type-B Cables
- 1x USB-C Cable
- 3x Audio Cables
- 1x Remote Port Selector
- 1x User Instructions
- 1x Power Adapter*
- Note: *The CS1953 is provided in two packages; one package contains a power adapter, the other does not.
The ATEN CS1953 is a hybrid KVMP™ Switch that integrates USB-C device and DisplayPort PC into a desktop workstation. Taking a giant step forward from prior digital-interfaced KVM models, the CS1953 comes with USB Type-C functionality that transfers video, audio, data, and even provides USB Power Delivery 3.0 for USB-C device charging. That means with a single USB-C cable, users can reduce bulky cable setups and experience a better working environment.
Complying with DisplayPort 1.2 standard, the CS1953 supports superior video quality up to 4K DCI (4096 x 2160 @ 60Hz) for premium images. In addition, its USB-C channel supports DP Alt Mode, so it can deliver DisplayPort signals and work like a standard DisplayPort connection. For added flexible usage, the CS1953 can convert signals from DisplayPort to HDMI or DVI with its DisplayPort Dual-Mode technology (DP++).
Featuring these robust functionalities and an unbeatable combination of USB 3.1 Gen 1 data transfer speed convenience, bus-powered design, and user-friendly port switching methods including hotkeys, mouse and remote port selector etc., the CS1953 allows users to keep up with the latest innovations in desktop multimedia and work smarter than ever.
- One USB keyboard, mouse and one DisplayPort monitor control two DisplayPort computers, one USB-C device and share two USB peripherals
- Supports superior video quality – up to 4K DCI (4096 x 2160 @ 60Hz)
- Provides USB Power Delivery 3.0 for USB-C device charging up to 45W1
- Computer selection via pushbuttons, hotkeys, mouse2, and remote port selector
- Built-in 2-port USB 3.1 Gen 1 hub with SuperSpeed 5 Gbps data transfer rates
- Supports DisplayPort Alternate Mode (DP Alt Mode) which enables the USB connection to carry DisplayPort signals
- Independent switching of KVM, USB peripheral, and audio focus4
- DisplayPort 1.2 compliant; HDCP 1.4 compliant3
- Supports HD Audio4
- Supports DisplayPort Dual-Mode technology (DP++)5
- Firmware upgradeable
1. An additional power adapter is needed on the CS1953 for USB-C device charging to work.
2. Mouse port switching is only supported under mouse emulation mode with a USB 3-button mouse wheel.
3. For DisplayPort 1.4 compliant display device, make sure to configure the device setting to be compatible with DisplayPort 1.2 to avoid compatibility issue.
4. HD audio through DisplayPort channel cannot be switched independently.
5. DisplayPort Dual-Mode technology (DP++) does not require an active adapter for most single display setups. Active DisplayPort adapters are recommended if you are unsure of the video source’s DP++ compatibility.
6. The unit can be bus-powered by the connected KVM sources via USB ports.
|Port Selection||Hotkey, Pushbutton, Mouse, Remote Port Selector|
|Console Ports||2 x USB Type A Female|
1 x DisplayPort Female (Black)
2 x 3.5mm Audio Jack Female (Green; 1 x front, 1 x rear)
|KVM (Computer) Ports||CPU1 and CPU2:|
2 x USB3.1 Gen1 Type B Female (Blue)
2 x DisplayPort Female (Black)
2 x 3.5mm Audio Jack Female (Green)
1 x USB Type-C Female (Black)
1 x 3.5mm Audio Jack Female (Green)
|Remote Port Selector||1 x 2.5mm Audio Jack Female (Black)|
|Power||1 x DC Jack|
|USB Hub||2 x USB3.1 Gen1 Type A Female (Blue; 1 x front, 1 x rear)|
|Selected||3 x Pushbutton|
|Mode Switch||1 x Slide Switch|
|Keyboard / Mouse||USB|
|Video||Up to 4096 x 2160 @ 60Hz, 2560 x 1440 @ 144Hz|
|Scan Interval||1-99 Seconds (Default: 5 sec.)|
|Humidity||0-80% RH, Non-condensing|
|Weight||0.50 kg ( 1.1 lb )|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||20.63 x 7.54 x 4.40 cm |
(8.12 x 2.97 x 1.73 in.)
|Note||For some of rack mount products, please note that the standard physical dimensions of WxDxH are expressed using a LxWxH format.|
Datasheetcs1953_kvm_switch_ds_en.pdf (1.14 MB)
User Manualcs1953_um_w_2023-02-13.pdf (1.84 MB)
Quick Start Guidecs1953_kvm_switch_qsg.pdf (1.93 MB)
CAD DrawingCS1953_V01_CAD_Drawing_WEB.pdf (76.92 KB)
|Description||Ver.||Release Date||File Name|