The ATEN CS1953 is a hybrid KVMP™ Switch that integrates USB-C device and DisplayPort PC into a desktop workstation. Taking a giant step forward from prior digital-interfaced KVM models, the CS1953 comes with USB Type-C functionality that transfers video, audio, data, and even provides USB Power Delivery 3.0 for USB-C device charging. That means with a single USB-C cable, users can reduce bulky cable setups and experience a better working environment.
Complying with DisplayPort 1.2 standard, the CS1953 supports superior video quality up to 4K DCI (4096 x 2160 @ 60Hz) for premium images. In addition, its USB-C channel supports DP Alt Mode, so it can deliver DisplayPort signals and work like a standard DisplayPort connection. For added flexible usage, the CS1953 can convert signals from DisplayPort to HDMI or DVI with its DisplayPort Dual-Mode technology (DP++).
Featuring these robust functionalities and an unbeatable combination of USB 3.1 Gen 1 data transfer speed convenience, bus-powered design, and user-friendly port switching methods including hotkeys, mouse and remote port selector etc., the CS1953 allows users to keep up with the latest innovations in desktop multimedia and work smarter than ever.
- One USB keyboard, mouse and one DisplayPort monitor control two DisplayPort computers, one USB-C device and share two USB peripherals
- Supports superior video quality – up to 4K DCI (4096 x 2160 @ 60Hz)
- Provides USB Power Delivery 3.0 for USB-C device charging up to 45W1
- Computer selection via pushbuttons, hotkeys, mouse2, and remote port selector
- Built-in 2-port USB 3.1 Gen 1 hub with SuperSpeed 5 Gbps data transfer rates
- Supports DisplayPort Alternate Mode (DP Alt Mode) which enables the USB connection to carry DisplayPort signals
- Independent switching of KVM, USB peripheral, and audio focus3
- DisplayPort 1.2 compliant; HDCP 1.4 compliant
- Supports HD Audio3
- Supports DisplayPort Dual-Mode technology (DP++)4
- Firmware upgradeable
1. An additional power adapter is needed on the CS1953 for USB-C device charging to work.
2. Mouse port switching is only supported under mouse emulation mode with a USB 3-button mouse wheel.
3. HD audio through DisplayPort channel cannot be switched independently.
4. DisplayPort Dual-Mode technology (DP++) does not require an active adapter for most single display setups. Active DisplayPort adapters are recommended if you are unsure of the video source’s DP++ compatibility.
5. The unit can be bus-powered by the connected KVM sources via USB ports.